Position Type: Classified
Date Posted: 5/9/22
Location: Vista Charter School
Position Start Date: August 1, 2022
Relevant Salary Schedule: Certified Salary Schedule $40K-70K based on education and experience
This position will be responsible for integrating humanities competencies within Vista’s entry pathway program, Base Camp. This position will strategically support a cohort of on-boarding new students every six weeks.
This position is full-time, on site, at Vista Charter School. There is an option for potential afternoon remote work time as applicable for the right candidate.
- Demonstrate the following
- Works effectively in teams, with the ability to work independently and generate innovative curriculum within an Arts boarding community.
- Uses a wide range of course texts, featuring diverse voices and stories to integrate cross contextual competency-based learning with a connection to career exploration and the humanities.
- Has an expertise in skills instruction, including critical thinking and reading, analytical writing, and project-based learning.
- Understands and is experienced in trauma-informed care systems in education.
- Has developed and worked within an interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Strong team orientation
- Positive and direct communication skills
- Meticulous record tracking skills
- Strong organization and ability to thrive in an environment that must manage many projects at once
- Student-first perception of working with at-risk students
- Strong proficiency and excitement for use of technology and innovative research-based educational modalities
- Works through a trauma-informed approach
- Ability to navigate conflict positively and productively
- Innovative and creative thinker willing to think outside the box
- Continually seeks to integrate multiple contents into the curriculum with expertise in humanities integration
- Stays current in the research-based teaching and learning practices.
- Creates, selects, adapts, and uses a variety of instructional resources to facilitate student attainment of performance standards and identified competencies.
- Uses a variety of assessments to provide evidence of student proficiency toward the content standards.
- Creates a stimulating, well organized, and safe learning environment.
- Hold students accountable to Vista’s identified behavior standards through a nurturing and proactive approach to student management.
- Acts as a model of integrity.
- Understands professional boundaries between students and teachers.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Has a sense of humor and keeps things in perspective.
- Exhibits flexibility and has the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate a commitment to:
- Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity
- Include and engage families in the students’ education
- Support all Vista Charter School policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Provide personal and professional excellence
- Participate in:
- Systematic data dialogue cycles as outlined for six annual academic cycles
- Student and/or family conferences and other meetings
- Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities
- Professional growth opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Colorado Teaching Certificate required
- English or Social Students content area certification strongly desired
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required, master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with at-risk students required
Please upload a resume and thorough cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity using the form below.
Application deadline: May 20th
Vista Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. Recruiting staff to create an inclusive organization is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Candidates are evaluated solely on their qualifications to perform the work required.