Position Type: Classified
Date Posted: 4/14/2021
Location: Vista Charter School
Date Available: 08/1/2021 (With the potential for job shadowing and training in May)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Perform financial tasks including budget-related items, financial ledgers, journal entries, requisitions, petty cash, fee collection and deposits, and purchase card transactions. Creates and distributes various spreadsheets and financial reports.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed within the role. Vista Charter School reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Answers telephone, provides information to callers, takes messages, forwards phone calls as appropriate, greets visitors to the building, determines their needs, and provides information or directions
- Composes performs, and types routine correspondence and reports and updates lists
- Develops and maintains required reports
- Files and sorts a variety of documents including sensitive and confidential information
- Maintains various financial databases and reports
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment
- Performs routine typing activities related to departmental functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accomplish many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to create, access, input, and retrieve information in various software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, administrators, departments, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, performing a wide range of tasks
- Demonstrates positive and direct communication skills, honesty, integrity, patience, perseverance, respect, responsibility, empathy, and trustworthiness
- Knowledge of technology and related software utilized within the district financial department
- Advanced math and accounting skills.
- Budget development and fiscal management skills.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies and building/departmental procedures.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing standards
- Knowledge of Colorado School Laws
- Knowledge of Colorado Department of Education Chart of Accounts and Financial policies and procedures manual.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with Visions, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Google Apps.
High school diploma or equivalent, plus specialized courses in accounting. Over one year and up to and including three years of experience in bookkeeping, general accounting, and/or accounts payable experience.
Criminal background check required for hire.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in a school environment preferred
Compensation Range: Negotiated hourly rate based on experience and qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: Up to ten hours per week with the option to flex hours as needed during busier times
Hours Per Day: Option to flex up to ten weekly hours as needed