Position Type: Classified
Date Posted: 4/14/2021
Location: Vista Charter School
Date Available: 08/1/2021 (With the potential for job shadowing and training in May)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Coordinates and directs registration activities, including the compilation and analysis of registration data for administrative use; maintains accurate, secure individual student records and official transcripts, and with authorization, provides complete records to colleges, universities, parents, and employers.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed within the role. Vista Charter School reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Answers telephone, provides information to callers, takes messages, forwards phone calls as appropriate, greets visitors to the building, determines their needs, and provides information or directions
- Assists students as needed
- Composes performs, and types routine correspondence, reports and updates lists
- Coordinates and processes student transcript requests for both active and inactive students
- Develops and implements office procedures and methods to ensure the efficiency of operations
- Develops and maintains required reports
- Ensures the accurate registration of all students and the dissemination of student records to receiving schools
- Files and sorts a variety of documents including sensitive and confidential information
- Interprets and explains district rules, regulations, and procedures to the public
- Maintains a complete set of accurate and timely student records containing data such as grades, credits, GPA, names, addresses, telephone numbers, immunization history, correspondence, etc
- Maintains various databases, reports, and office filing systems
- Performs a variety of duties using various types of office equipment
- Performs routine typing activities related to departmental functions
- Prepares and processes reports which require research, computation, and compilation
- Processes Vista student enrollment based on six, six-week enrollment cycles throughout the year
- Processes and inputs data for student registration
- Processes information, paperwork, and files and routes them accordingly
- Provides assistance to the principal and other school staff as needed
- Tracks and verifies student information for out-of-district programs
- Verifies authenticity of documents to establish residential eligibility of a student
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accomplish many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to create, access, input, and retrieve information in various software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, administrators, departments, and the general public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, performing a wide range of tasks
- Demonstrates positive and direct communication skills, honesty, integrity, patience, perseverance, respect, responsibility, empathy, and trustworthiness
- Energetic, creative, innovative, and flexible
- Enjoys being around young people and their families
- Excellent cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basic office methods and procedures, including appropriate telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of record-keeping and filing techniques
- Knowledge of technology and related software utilized within the Human Resources department
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated successful experience in, human relations and communications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Strong spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic office methods and procedures, including appropriate telephone etiquette, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be requested to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed within a standard office environment.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to: analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Required Qualifications: High school graduate -high school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in an office environment preferred
Compensation Range: $18.29-$29.26
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 hours per week with remote options for the right candidate
Hours per Day: 7.5 hour(s) per day with flexible schedule option for the right candidate
Number of Days per Year: 208 (197 plus 11 holidays paid)